Prototech, a NORCE company, is a provider of technical solutions, prototype- and product development, manufacturing and test services covering application areas from space to the ocean floor.
Prototech is a Norwegian technology company and was established as a separate legal entity in 1988 as part of the Christian Michelsen Research (CMR) Group. Prototech was spun off from the Mechanical Section of the Christian Michelsen Institute (CMI) and is based on an engineering and technology tradition dating back to 1930 when CMI was established as a non-profit R&D institute. Prototech was formerly owned by CMR (100%). However, in 01.12.2018 CMR merged with technology and research centers/ institutes from several regions of Norway. The new research centre is called NORCE (Norwegian Research Centre AS), where Prototech AS is a daughter company fully owned by NORCE.
Prototech is a provider of technology development, engineering, product design and manufacturing services covering a broad spectrum of areas including space applications, new energy systems, offshore technology as well as industrial and consumer products. The major applications areas are technology for space, offshore, subsea and maritime sector. Prototech is supplying its customers in these sectors with designs, calculations, prototypes and custom-made hardware for operation in demanding environments, from the depths of the ocean floor to the International Space Station (ISS) and beyond.
Our core areas of expertise are
- Structural components for satellites and launchers
- Experimental modules for unmanned and manned space flights
- Thermal & mechanical analysis (FEM) and Aero- & hydrodynamic analysis (CFD)
- Special equipment and tools to client specifications for the oil & gas and offshore industry
- Concept studies of energy conversion processes
- Development and demonstration of fuel-cell-based energy processes
- Extensive expertise in developing advanced and special tools for pipeline inspection
Prototech should be an attractive strategic development partner and deliver technological solutions that provides added value to the customer, and that contributes to a sustainable future.
Prototech exists so that we can contribute to a sustainable development by pushing forward new technology, by carrying out development projects and by realizing innovation.