CMR has won a contract with Hordaland county council as competence broker. The contract is part of the Research-based Re...
MARINE AND ENVIRONMENT
Our R&D covers activities in polar regions, open waters and the deep ocean for environmental observations, marine resources, aquaculture and fisheries.
CMR is dedicated to perform R&D of complete measurement systems for the marine environment. From sensor to decision support. We also offer services, including reviews, testing, data collection, modelling and simulation, image and video analysis.
The main goal for our R&D is to contribute to a sustainable management of the oceans through:
- More and improved observations
- New cost-effective sensors and observation platforms
- Persistent presents through autonomous and power efficient systems
- Distributed sensing and real-time possibilities
- New solutions for automation of current labor intensive sampling methods
- Efficient data management and processing tools
Other R&D area in focus is technical solutions related to marine aquaculture:
- Green tailored solutions for zero emission to air and zero emission to water fish farms (GFF™)
- Integrated oxygen and hydrogen production via electrolysis
- New hybrid energy systems based on hydrogen for fish farming boats
- High Temperature Fuel Cells using biogas for energy production with possibility to capture the heat and CO2
- Innovative waste recovery solutions for fish waste treatment